Make a Creative Difference
Our teams are looking for talented interns in computer graphics, machine learning, and computer vision to solve new and emerging problems in VFX and animation. We are looking for candidates who share a passion for exploring and solving complex, unsolved problems and are excited by the prospect of contributing to some of the most popular movie franchises of our time.
“It’s kind of fun to do the impossible.” ― Walt Disney
We offer an interesting modern workplace close to the city center of Zurich, uncomplicated work atmosphere, and exciting tasks in an international environment with the latest technologies. Interns work under supervision of a senior researcher or artist, as a member of an existing group. Internship positions generally run 3 to 4 months full time in Zurich, Switzerland. The work language is English.
- Research, develop, and implement concepts, modules, or capabilities in image, video, geometry, or motion processing
- Collaboration with and support of other engineers and researchers
- Communication of research project agenda, projects, and results
- Bachelor’s in computer science, preferably with an eye toward or in the process of obtaining a master’s or Ph.D.
- Proven track record of achieving significant results
- Demonstrated software engineering experience via an internship, work experience, coding competitions, or published papers
- Experience within machine learning (particularly deep learning), rendering, computer vision, image processing, numerical optimization, or real-time game engines
- High levels of creativity and quick problem-solving capabilities
For over 10 years DisneyResearch|Studios has been at the forefront of technological innovation, pushing the boundaries of what is possible to help the Walt Disney Company differentiate its entertainment products, services, and content. Our mission is rooted in the long Disney tradition of inventing new technologies to contribute to the magic of the stories we tell and the characters we all love. Our inventions are used in almost every Disney feature film production and have dazzled hundreds of millions of people in audiences worldwide. DisneyResearch|Studios is part of a wider innovation ecosystem operating in close partnership with our technology units at the Walt Disney Animation Studios, Pixar Animation Studios, Lucasfilm/ILM, Marvel Studios, and Walt Disney Pictures.
How to apply:
To be considered for an internship, submit your CV and a cover letter that details your area of specialization, as well as links to any representative papers. If you are selected to move forward in the process, we will request names and contact information for three or more letters of reference.