A Research Scientist is a principal investigator, contributing to DisneyResearch|Studios projects, driving new technology applications for The Walt Disney Studios, based on areas of expertise available in the labs, and knowledge of the research frontier. Resources available to a Research Scientist may include a research team with postdoctoral researchers, interns, and external consultants. Typical responsibilities of a Research Scientist include, but are not limited to the following:
- Collaborate with experts and executives at The Walt Disney Studios to identify research problems worthy of research investment.
- Conceive of and propose technical solutions to research problems identified by Studio partners.
- Contribute and deliver to strategic programs and projects at DisneyResearch|Studios.
- Conduct and direct research inspired by those problems.
- Conceive, research and deliver tech prototypes for projects.
- Present research problems, plans, and results.
- Document research in internal reports, peer-reviewed publications, and patent applications.
- Work with The Walt Disney Studios to commercialize research results.
- Provide expert consulting to various groups within The Walt Disney Studios.
General application information
To be considered for this job, submit your CV and a cover letter that details your area of specialization and inks to any representative papers. If you are selected to move forward in the process, we may request names and contact information for three or more letters of reference.