As a software engineer at DisneyResearch|Studios in Zurich you will be working at the interface between research and production code, where a wide array of different tasks arise in this unique context. Your task will be writing and maintaining Python code (TensorFlow/PyTorch) as well as working on projects in other languages such as C++, and will include challenges ranging from typical DevOps routines, to coming up with new solutions to completely new problems.
- Strong Python
- Comfortable in C++, C++11 or later
- At least one more general purpose programming language
- Great at debugging own and legacy code
- Experience in development in Linux/BSD environments
- Experience in TensorFlow and/or Torch, as well as general machine learning knowledge is a strong plus
- Excellent understanding of concepts such as memory management, multithreading and parallelism
- Having a favorite scripting language
- Experience in DevOps tasks, particularly involving Docker, CI is a plus
- Experience with web technologies and databases is a plus
- Bachelor/Master degree in engineering or scientific field, or equivalent practical experience
- Demonstrated experience as a software engineer
- Strong problem solving skills
- Happy to participate in all parts of the lifecycle of an application, from gathering requirements of new projects up to maintaining and improving large legacy code bases
- Good understanding and interest in research topics such as Machine Learning, Computer Vision or Visual Computing is a very strong plus
For over 10 years Disney Research has been at the forefront of technological innovation, pushing the boundaries of what is possible to help the Walt Disney Company differentiate its entertainment products, services, and content. Our mission is rooted in the long Disney tradition of inventing new technologies to contribute to the magic of the stories we tell and the characters we all love. Our inventions are used in almost every Disney feature film production and have dazzled hundreds of millions of people in audiences worldwide. DisneyResearch|Studios is part of a wider innovation ecosystem operating in close partnership with our technology units at the Walt Disney Animation Studios, Pixar Animation Studios, Lucasfilm/ILM, Marvel Studios, and Walt Disney Pictures.
To be considered for this job, please submit your CV and a cover letter. If you are selected to move forward in the process, we may request names and contact information for letters of reference.